1200 CALORIE DIET

1200 CALORIE DIET

By: Dr.Ana Farias ND 

 

Why Eating 1200 Calories a Day is Extremely Unhealthy. But oh, how eating a 1200 calorie diet is so, so wrong. Divide that number by 3 and that’s 400 calories per meal. … And for the majority of people, this minimal amount of energy [aka calories] is more than 1200 for the majority of people

Eat fewer calories than you burn and your body can resort to burning your fat stores. You lose weight as a result. … “It is not recommended that a person go under 1,200 calories a day, since it is very hard to get enough nutrients like calcium, protein, and magnesium on a calorie level less than 1,200.”

Couple this healthy meal plan with daily exercise and you’re on track to lose a healthy 1 to 2 pounds per week. With the meal planning already complete, all that’s left to do is get started! If 1,200 calories is too low for you, see our other weight-loss meal plans at 1,500, 1,600, 1,800 and 2,000 calories.

It provides around 1200 calories a day, with about 30 to 45 grams of carbohydrate per meal, and 15 to 30 grams per snack.

The 5 Best Diets for Losing Weight and Burning Fat

Low-calorie diet. Defined as: Only consuming 800 to 1,200 calories a day. …

Low-fat diet. Defined as: Getting only 20–30% of daily calories from fat; the remaining 80–70% are split between protein and carbs, typically with an emphasis on carbs. …

Low-carb diet. …

Ketogenic diet. …

High-protein diet.

TAKE THE QUIZ, FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:

https://www.webmd.com/diet/rm-quiz-truth-calories

EASY MENU PLAN BELOW 

1,215 Calorie Menu With No Non-Nutritive Sweeteners

Breakfast

One cup oatmeal

One-half cup non-fat milk

One tablespoon honey

One-half cup blueberries

One cup plain coffee or tea as a beverage

Lunch

Two slices 100-percent whole grain bread, deli sliced turkey breast, tomato slice, lettuce and one tablespoon mustard

One-half cup sliced carrots

Water as a beverage

Dinner

Three ounces baked salmon

One cup green beans

Salad with one cup raw spinach, five cherry tomatoes and one-half cup broccoli florets with lemon juice as a dressing

Water with a slice of lemon as a beverage

Snacks

One apple with 12 almonds

Several glasses of water

One cup non-fat milk

One-half cup plain yogurt with one tablespoon honey

One cup strawberries.

Nutrition Information

Total Calories – 1,215

Total Fat – 17.7 percent (25 grams)

Total Protein – 23 percent (72 grams)

Total Carbohydrates – 59.3 percent (185 grams)

Sodium – 1,402 milligrams

Sugar – 107 grams

Cholesterol – 94 milligrams

Saturated Fat – 5.0 grams

Fiber – 28 grams

1,218 Calorie Menu With Non-Nutritive Sweeteners

Breakfast

One cup whole-grain corn cereal

One packet Sucralose

One-half cup non-fat milk

One cup 100-percent orange juice as a beverage

Lunch

Salad made with two cups field greens, two ounces albacore tuna (packed in water), one-half cup cherry tomatoes with two tablespoons balsamic vinegar as a dressing.

Diet soda as a beverage

Dinner

One three-ounce pork chop

One baked sweet potato

One cup steamed asparagus

One tablespoon olive oil

One small glass of white wine

Snacks

One small pita bread with two tablespoons hummus

One pear

One serving low-fat, sugar-free fruit-flavored yogurt

One cup blueberries

Two-thirds cup baby carrots with one ounce fat-free vegetable dip

Several glasses of water with slices of lemon or lime

 

Nutrition Information

Total Calories – 1,218

Total Fat – 14.6 percent (20 grams)

Total Protein – 22.6 percent (70 grams)

Total Carbohydrates – 56.8 percent (176 grams)

Sodium – 1,615 milligrams

Sugar – 86 grams

Cholesterol – 116 milligrams

Saturated Fat – 5.0 grams

Fiber – 24 grams

ESPAÑOL

CLINICA NATURISTA – Dr. Ana Farias ND

GTV Español – La television en la palma de su mano

NATURAL CLINIC – CLINICA NATURISTA

 

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA